Text Ad Exchange Advertising - What types of Ads Work Best & How To Use Them.
September 20, 2010
Text Ad Exchanges are plentiful, but are still one of the best ways to get signups/sales for your online business.
Here they are in order of performance:
1) Super Solo Type Email Ads - you can send out an email ad (html or text) to all members contact email addresses of MULTIPLE SITES! Usually 20 - 40 sites at once, with membership numbers of 4,000 up to 28,000! These are purchased ads only, 98% of sites will not let you trade credits for this type of ad, as there is a large initial cost to the admin to get these setup on their site. These require an ad body (you either create or your program supplies it), a subject line (this is the most important, no matter how good your ad is, no one will see it if they don't open the email, DO NOT use subject lines given to you by a program, everyone else is using them, just be creative here and you'll get better response) and of course your link (url) to the page you want the members to visit goes under the ad body in the URL box. Hands down, the Fastest way to get your message to MANY members.
2) Solo Email Ads - you can send out an email ad (html or text) to all members contact email addresses of a given Text Ad Exchange. On every TAE you can trade credits for Solo Ads, some want a crazy amount to trade for one, but on my sites it is a very reasonable number. These require an ad body (you either create or your program supplies it), a subject line (this is the most important, no matter how good your ad is, no one will see it if they don't open the email, DO NOT use subject lines given to you by a program, everyone else is using them, just be creative here and you'll get better response) and of course your link (url) to the page you want the members to visit goes under the ad body in the URL box. Fastest way to get your message to our members.
3) Traffic Links - these are guaranteed visitors, you need a creative subject line and then the link to the page you want our members to see. Very easy to setup. Takes alot longer to get your clicks, but these are real visitors.
4) Banner Ads - On my sites they get alot of clicks, on many other sites they get hardly any clicks, I let the members know that they earn points by clicking them and how many points they will earn. You need a banner graphic url (ends in .gif .jpg .png) and of course a destination url to send them to the page you want them to see. They have to be in the right boxes or no image will show. There's a Preview Banner button you can press after entering your banner urls to see if you can see an image, if so, then click the banner to make sure it goes to the right page.
5) Login Ads - Most people, myself included, use 600x300 banners here, but you have to know just a bit of html to use these ads.
6) Text/HTML Ads - these are the free ads that you click Post Text Ad or Post HTML Ad to submit your ad. I use them on brand new sites, as the members will click on them when they first join, but on an older site, just don't bother, it's just not worth your time.
One last thing, how do they work? Good question!
They are a cross between a Traffic Exchange and a Safelist. They are all credit based, members view other members ads, either online or offline (email ads) to earn credits so that they can trade their credits for the various forms of advertising offered. Personally, I've never had much luck at a traffic exchange, those members are so focused on earnig credits, that they have numerous windows open to a number of TE's and click without really viewing your site. Safelists on the other hand are better than a Traffic Exchange, but not nearly as effective as a TAE! TAE's are the hands down winner in bringing in free or paid signups to your site or program, hands down the WINNER.
If you read through this and see this message, congratulations, you have now found your BEST source of advertising and you may actually make some money online! Just follow the tips above on Subject Lines, BE CREATIVE, but don't curse or lie to people, your reputation will be ruined and you might as well pack it in. I hope this helps, just let me know if you have questions on TAE's, I'll be more than glad to answer them for you.
Here's a link to a listing of my Text Ad Exchanges: http://appeal-marketing.com/amsites.htm
Marv Dorn - Admin